Monday, January 28, 2008

Season 4 Premier Week is Finally Here!

January sure went by fast. I did finally pick up Lost: Season 3 on Blu-ray and it looks incredible. There is also a ton of stuff in the bonus features some of which is exclusive to the Blu-Ray collection. I haven't compared it to the normal box set yet to see exactly what material is left off though. On the Blu-ray, there is a section called Access Granted where Carlton and Damon answer many lingering questions, many of which I think we already knew the answer to.

There is an AP article out today which confirms what Stefanie had said back in December. Only 8 episodes have been produced for this season (because of the writer's strike). ABC though has promised another 40 to follow... and I quote, "eventually..." leading up to the series finale in 2010. Speaking of the series finale, Mikey from the new Star 94 morning show told me this morning that the series finale had been leaked. I told him NOT to send me the link. I'm in it until the end; although, if the writer's strike persists and continues to mess up television, I would love to see Cuse and Lindelof team back up with J.J. and finish it in a major motion picture. They have said from the start of the series that they know how it will end. It could be a 3 hour movie and I'd still go see it many times (probably leaving the theater scratching my head and kicking myself for getting sucked in and waisting a chunk of my life...)

Here's the run down for this week:

Wednesday - Last Season's Finale "Through The Looking Glass" will air at 9:00p on ABC. This will be a special enhanced episode complete with on-screen facts and backstory. Watch for the text on the lower third of the screen.

Thursday - "Lost: Past, Present, and Future" starts at 8:00p and will essentially bring everyone up to speed on where we are in the show. Then at 9:00, Season 4 begins with "The Beginning of The End"... a reference to what Ben tells Jack in "Through The Looking Glass." Ben - "This'll be your last chance, Jack. I'm telling you, making that call is the beginning of the end.

Only 8 episodes, huh? This may very well be "the beginning of the end" for me as well. At least it will give me time to over analyze the episodes we do get and speculate on what is and is going to happen. I'll also have time to experiment with my HD Capture. I did a test a few weeks ago and it worked pretty well. A one hour show did take up 4 gigs, but it looked damn good. I'll have to dump the shows after I get screen caps each week.

Happy Viewing! I'll see you back here on Friday Morning.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

So, I just finished watching the season finale from last season. I wanted to get caught back up (since it 's been a while).

Even though I've seen it, I still got a little choked up when Charlie died. So sad.

What did you think of the "Pop-Up" thing? I thought they handed it quite well. It was pretty clever in parts too.

I learned a few new things from the pop-ups. Mainly a couple of the "easter eggs" they referenced. The doctor who did the spinal surgery on the flash-forward car crash victim was the same as Bernard (didn't know that)....and the name of the funeral home was an anagram for "FLASH FORWARD". Clever!

Also, how did you like the Sawyer & Locke promos they ran? Too awesome!

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's premier!

Tripp said...

I can't wait for tonight. I was working on a project last night so even though the TV was on, I wasn't really watching closely; plus my hi-def kept going out... I know... waah waah... your hi-def on your nice 50 inch TV was out...waah waah...

I think I did know about the anagram... not sure if I ever posted anything about it, but I did know about it.

***spolier alert***

I hear Charlie is going to be back in some form or fashion so shed no tears.

Also, be on the lookout for Hurley in a flash forward tonight...

Leslie said...

I'm so geeked about tonight, after reading and watching trailers...Popcorn is planned!
See you guys here on Friday!