Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lost: Season 4 - Episode 4 "Egg Town"

Now I am more interested than ever in what happens on the island between Team Jack and Team Locke. Kate ends up with little baby Aaron who looks to be maybe 2 or 3.



According to 2004 island time, they have been on the island a little over 100 days. Aaron was born November 2, 2004 on Day 42. I believe that they are in day 101 now so he would be 59 days old. What does this mean? I don't know... I've been drinking a little too much Dharma "Wine-In-Box."



Actually, I was just trying to get a handle on the timeline of Kate's flash forward. If Aaron is 2, then she would have been off the island (provided they get off soon)at least a year or maybe more. Long enough to become "one of the most recognized faces in America."

So what happens to Claire? Does she join Charlie in Davy Jones' Locker? Aaarrrggg. Or is it more of, "Because you sided with Locke you will have to stay on the island as punishment...Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to scraping Miles' brain off the back window of the Quack Shack."



We'll we learned some new things tonight. For one, Ben is someone who can do something. Yep! You read it here first... Ben can do something. This "something" is enough to have someone very powerful spend a lot of time and money looking for him. Also enough to have Miles say F-It, "just give me $3.2 million and I'll tell him you're dead." I want to know what Ben wants to know, "Why just 3.2 Million?"

What else did we learn?

1. In the fabrication that the Oceanic 6 have concocted, 8 people survive the crash of Oceanic Flight 815. This is according to the lies Jack spews while on the stand as a character witness in the people vs. Katherine Anne Austen. But as we know by Hugo's proclamation in the first episode of this season, only 6 are rescued, hence the "Oceanic Six!" I wonder who they claim survive, but bite it before the rescue?

2. The book that Locke brings Ben is "Valis" by Phillip K. Dick.


(Click Pic To Read The Wiki)

3. Jack really does love Kate, but she will not let him in because he doesn't want to see Aaron. I guess a lie can only go so far.

4. The helicopter carrying Sayid, Desmond, and Frank to the freighter has not yet arrived and it left the day before. If you watched the preview for next week you know that they get caught up in some sort of storm.

5. Kate's mom has been given 6 months to live multiple times over the last four years.

6. Jeff White posted a response in last week's post and pointed out that they are using the reflection of a city skyline for the islands reflection. I had not noticed that before. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

7. Kate lives in the "Poltergeist" house.



Not really, but it reminded me of the movie... "Cross over children! Go into the light!" I don't think I ate steak at all in 1982 after that bizarre scene.

8. Kate and Sawyer did not have sex in this episode.

9. Locke went from "ass" to "bad-ass" in this episode.

I just wanted to post this picture again.

...and now a few questions:

1. Why does Hugo wink?



Is it the old "if there's a sock on the door knob, don't come in" thing? Or is he worried about getting "Scooby-Doo'd" again. Jinkies, I really liked that line... Zoinks!

2. What sort of memory game were Daniel and Charlotte playing with the Dharma cards and why? Is Daniel losing his mind?

Did I miss anything important?

Sun and Jin show back up in this episode discussing where they want to raise their baby. Why the Albuquerque map though? Is there a hidden reference? Should they have taken a left turn? Or maybe that's it! The show has taken a left turn.



If the boat house starts to take on a life of it's own, I will refer to it as the "Quack Shack." It is a creepy building.



I think that is about it. I did want to include some updates on the season now that the writer's strike is over. They will produce only 5 more episodes after the first 8 making this a 13 episode season. There will be a production lag of about a month between episode 8 and episode 9. Perhaps they will re-run a few of the enhanced episodes during that time.

6 comments:

MsYvone said...

Poltergeist eh? My first reaction was, Hey, Kate's living near the Brady Bunch!

Unknown said...

I have a question. Why is Harold Perrineau (Michael) still in the credits?

-Ron

Tripp said...

Michael is back in episode 8 of this season, presumably in a Flash Forward, but I am leaning toward the idea that Michael may be Ben's "man on their boat." It would certainly make for an interesting re-entry into the show. Maybe they'll save him for an appearence at the end of that episode, thus creating a cliff hanger ending to get people talking... while we wait out the 4 week lag between episode 8 and 9.

Aaron said...

I'm sure a lot of people said this, but as soon as we saw Kate & Claire talking about babies (Aaron in particular), I absolutely called it. Kate's "son" was Aaron! That does beg the question, however, about Claire's whereabouts.

Does this make Aaron one of the Oceanic 6? That wasn't really addressed.

I think someone mentioned this last week, but my guess is that Michael is Ben's "man on the boat".

Sawyer didn't get any...and he still let her cuddle? Forget the black smoke...that's probably the most unrealistic thing that's happened on this show.

I'm thinking Hugo's wink = coat hanger on the door. Let's not over think that one. We've got plenty of other things to over think.

As trapped as Ben seems, he's running the show. Locke has no clue what he's doing...and Ben knows it. I'm kind of rooting for Ben now.

Off to bed now. Bye, folks!

Unknown said...

Would Aaron actually be counted as one of the "Oceanic 6" if he wasn't technically a passenger when it crashed?

Also, for some reason Jack doesn't want to see Aaron, which leads me to believe that he might feel guilty about something - maybe killing Claire, or at least being involved in her death? There's definitely something that goes down between Team Jack and Team Locke that has the survivors covering with a fabricated story.

Sherpa Mike said...

Carrie, interesting theory. Do the "6" kill off the rest?
We know Sayid makes it so the "drama" brewing on the helicopter is for nothing.
My guess would be Jack fabricated the Kate story.