Friday, February 8, 2008

Lost: Season 4, Epsiode 2 "Confirmed Dead"

This episode could have also been called "I Have A Man On Their Boat!" That was a bit of a shocking revelation. We all know that Ben has lived on the island a long time, but has he stayed put? Or has he been going to and fro by some other means be it boat or whatever sent the polar bear to a different place and obviously different time considering it was nearly fossilized with a Dharma/Hydra collar on. I'll come back to that. First I wanted to introduce some of our new cast, who were brought in faster than David Baldacci spits out characters in the first part of his books.

The "Rescue...er not-really-we're-just-after-Ben" Team:

Daniel Faraday - Physicist
Chalotte Lewis - Anthropologist
Frank Lapidus - drunk pilot
Miles Straum - referred to as a "ghostbuster;" he is some sort of spiritualist or medium.
Naomi Dorrit - she has already met her demize. She was team leader and protector.

...and the Charlie to these angles is Matthew Adaddan who we already met when he visited Hurley in the last episode (remember? creepy fake Oceanic lawyer?)

Did I get everyone? We still haven't met George Minkowski yet. He was way too busy to come to the sat phone... I wonder what he was doing? ( "I told you never to disturb me while I'm vacuuming my room!").

Let's back up a bit. Who do you think faked the Oceanic underwater discovey video? Mr. Adaddan seems pretty sure that there were no survivors of Flight 815, or do you think he was lying. Perhaps it could have been someone higher up the chain where he works. Or maybe it was Ben and Mikhail sending out some propaganda to keep people from snooping near the island. Frank calls BS and phones the number on the screen to tell 'em (BTW, anyone call the number yet? I hear it's a real number...well real in a sense that it has to do with the show). Frank is conveniently recruited to fly for the "rescue" team... hmmmmmmmm... Also, the wreckage on the video was said to be found in the Indian Ocean which is on the other side of Australia from where our Losties are supposed to be (cue Raiders of The Lost Ark sound byte: "There digging in the wrong place...").

Now that we have a ghostbuster on the island, does that mean that Jacob is totally f'd? Or will he finally have someone to commnicate with and through who understands more than a few words?

That is all my brain can handle right now. I'll return this weekend. I still need to get some screen caps from last weeks entry up.

6 comments:

Sherpa Mike said...

I called the number. That was the mp3 I emailed you. It was on the find815.com website too.

I wonder why the helicopter pilot was so bruised and beaten up if was able to so gently put the bird down?

I think the, Dharma wants the island back theory, still works.

They answered the two different people on the radio question, Daniel & Miles.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Hey Tripp! I have been reading your blog for a long time...and finally started my own. Not about Lost (well...it's mentioned in some respect)...but about homeschooling. My daughter is 10 and we are studying Physics this year in Science...and we just read a book about Michael Faraday - the pioneer of electricty. He also did a lot of research with electromagnetism and light! And then I think that Charlotte is a shout out to C.S. Lewis of the chronicles of Narnia fame. After last night's episode...I was at first thinking that they had answered some questions...but now I think I have more! I mean...when was Oceanic 815 discovered? How long after the crash? Could it have been years...and the island is a time warp? Oh...my mind is churning!

MsYvone said...

Actually, if you recall, according to the flight attendant in the tail section, (cindy?) Flight 815 was 3000 miles off it's course when it went down. it could have gone 3000 miles to the west. Also, like I mentioned in my last comment, the online game (www.flight815.com) had them making a discovery in the Sunda Trench area. hmm.

In the previous online "game" the Hanso foundation site had web pages about its operations worldwide, especially in Africa, so the polar bear there isn't so far fetched. Maybe it was a "test run" to the island set up?

As far as the time continuum theory... theres an extremely well thought out one here...
http://theoriesonlost.blogspot.com/2007/05/great-gedanken-experiment-tale-of-time.html
(click on "read theory")

I still think the December 26th 2004 Tsunami will factor into this.

Kat, you're right on with the CS Lewis shout out, Wikipedia backs that up.

MsYvone said...

The theory Link cut off. sorry about that.
google this:

great-gedanken-experiment-tale-of-time

Aaron said...

I, like all of you, have been watching this show since day one...and I have to say that this has been the single most mind-boggling and confusing episode EVER. I swear, after this episode, I feel like I JUST started watching.

SO much happened on this episode, I don't even know where to begin! I'm going to have to watch again to try and wrap my head around it.

Ugh.

KigerKat said...

I also called the hotline...Kinda funny...Just a basic outgoing message from Oceanic Airlines appologizing for the loss of the passengers. They also said the outgoing message will be updated as new information arrives, so I wonder if it will be different after this week's episode.

Glad to see the writer's strike is finally coming to an end! I hope this doesn't impact the current season. I'm going to need more than 8 episodes to tide me over until next season!!